Students must successfully complete the courses required by the board and Iowa Department of Education in order to graduate. The following credits will be required:
- Language Arts: 8 credits
- Science: 6 credits
- Mathematics: 6 credits
- Social Studies: 6 credits
- Physical Education: Each semester of high school (.5 half credit each semester)
- Electives: Each semester numbers can vary
- Health: 1 credit
- Personal Finance: 1 credit
- Career Exploratory: 1 credit
- Total: 50 credits
Generally, students will be required to complete the necessary course work and graduate from high school at the end of grade twelve. Students may graduate prior to this time if they meet the minimum graduation requirements stated in board policy.
A student who graduates early will no longer be considered a student and will become an alumnus of the school district. However, the student who graduates early may participate in commencement exercises.